I went for a walk along the berm today. We have had a lot of rain this summer and the mosquitoes inside the forest are about as bad as I have ever experienced them. I couldn't take standing still for too long and had to keep moving.
Here is an apple tree I planted this spring in an open area of the 2011 planting area. It has prospered with all this rain as well. It is an offspring from "Blossom" the apple tree in the front lawn.
The young pine trees that have been planted on the south side of the berm that are more exposed to the road are not doing well. I think they are maybe a year or two from completely dying. There are so many pine trees dying around Ottawa and I don't know the cause. A quick google suggests White Pine Rust, but it isn't just white pines.



No comments:
Post a Comment