Friday, April 29, 2016

Roadside Cleanup

Well it is spring again and I went out and picked up some garbage along the bike path and berm. It is interesting what sort of things you find. My impression is that there are fewer grocery bags than there were 6-7 years ago. It used to be I figured you could always find enough bags amongst the garbage to clean-up the garbage itself but now I mostly rely on bags I get from the city's Clean up the Capital program. It's good exercise, and feels more productive than just going for a walk or a bike ride.

It is daffodil time now. Spring started quite early in March with midges out the weekend before Easter and mostly bare ground for Easter but then we got some more snow in the first half of April to cover the bare ground. The bloodroot was out last weekend which is a bit earlier than previous years, but the past few days have been coolish so spring blooms are probably right on schedule now.

No comments:

Post a Comment